Design It acknowledges and recognises that its operations have an impact on the global and local environment. We are committed to the maintenance of an environmental management system to limit our environmental impact, prevent pollution and to continuously improve our performance.
The Managing Partner is responsible for environmental issues and making employees aware of the company’s policy.
We are conscious of the impact we have on our global and local environment whilst we perform our normal business activity. Specifically we will:
- Reduce energy consumption by ensuring nonessential lights and equipment are turned off when not required.
- Reduce energy by using energy efficient equipment and lighting.
- Reduce energy by keeping windows and internal doors shut to maintain temperature.
- Reduce energy and water by using them sparingly.
- Reduce the use of paper throughout the studio by sending documents electronically.
- Reuse all paper and postal packaging where possible.
- Recycle all paper, card, cans, glass, plastic and cartridges that cannot be reused.
- Recycle equipment that can no longer be used or repaired.
- Specify the use of recycled materials in our own publications and stationery.
Through continuous research we will ensure we always have up-to-date information on the products, equipment and techniques we use in our business activity. We will be able to recommend paper stocks and printing systems that will allow clients to operate within their own policies. We will actively encourage:
- The efficient use of resources in printing through creative design solutions.
- The use of recycled, managed and recyclable materials.
This policy embraces relationships with our business partners with whom we will promote improved environmental performance through communication of our policy and relevant objectives. Specifically we will ensure our print suppliers:
- Are FSC accredited or working towards it.
- Use energy efficient printing presses.
- Use vegetable oil based inks.
- Recycle all waste paper produced in the printing process.
- Minimise the use of solvents.
We will raise and maintain the awareness of our team members about environmental issues. We will assign adequate training and resources to enable this policy to be understood and maintained.
Design It is committed to monitoring, managing and seeking to improve its environmental performance. We will periodically evaluate our performance towards meeting the objectives of this policy and will continually investigate how additional improvements can be implemented.
Please also see our sustainability policy for specific issues covering recycling, transport and the reduction of energy.